As a snack, popcorn has become everyone favorites. It is light and could melt in your mouth which is why people like to eat it, especially when it seasoned with other things that could make it more delicious. However, for some people with gluten allergy, you should ask is popcorn gluten free?
As you know, popcorn comes from corn grain. However, it is different from another grain plant that contains gluten since this plant does not contain any gluten. This is why we could say that popcorn in most cases would be gluten-free.
Is Popcorn Gluten Free? Does Popcorn Have Gluten In It Or Not?
Even though popcorn in its natural form is gluten-free, but there are times when they could turn into something that is not gluten-free. The reason is that they have been contaminated by other things which are not gluten-free. This is why we should be very careful when purchasing any popcorn, especially one that already been processed.
We would not know whether the popcorn manufacturer processes their popcorn in a dedicated plant, that does not mix with the process of other food, which might contain gluten inside. When that thing happened, then the once nongluten free popcorn will transform into popcorn which already is contaminated with gluten. And this is why some popcorn might not gluten-free.
The Best Gluten Free Popcorn
When you want to purchase processed popcorn that gluten-free, then you should pay attention to their package and search for the gluten-free label. But when you could not find that, then it would be better when you do not purchase processed popcorn but purchase air popper or microwave popper popcorn instead.
The best gluten-free popcorn could get only when you make the popcorn yourself from scratch. Moreover when you make it yourself, then it would be fresh from the oven which you might not be able to purchase it yourself.
Do It Yourself Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Caramel popcorn would be the most favorite popcorn flavor since it comes from natural ingredient. This is why we should learn how to create your own caramel popcorn with this recipe.
Things you need:
- Five quarts of fresh corn
- Two cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- A half cup of light corn syrup
- A quarter teaspoon cream of tartar
- one teaspoon baking soda
How to Cook The Popcorn
- Pop all the corn and let it inside the big roasting pan
- Put all sugar, butter, corn syrup, and cream of tartar inside a pan and cook it over medium fire and keep stirring it until it boils for 5 minutes before you remove it.
- Put inside the baking soda and vanilla for added flavor, and mix it well.
- Pour the liquid to the popcorn and mix it well so the popcorn would be covered well.
- Put it in your oven for an hour, but do not forget to stir it every fifteen minutes.
- Remove out from oven and let it cool before consuming it.